Monday, June 25, 2007

Gandhi: 'The Collective Failure Of The US People'

The collective failure of the US people to act against the criminal Bush administration has had an extremely negative ripple effect around the world
according to the fine Australian blogger Gandhi, whose most recent post I reproduce in full below.

This -- the first new post at Bush Out in three weeks -- may be the last new post we ever see from Gandhi at Bush Out. But on the other hand, Howard Out may be the best place for him to apply his considerable talents.

Gandhi's newest at Bush Out will be a fine way to leave it, IMVHO, (if he does decide to leave it):
I know, I know. I am neglecting this blog. But I am focussed on getting rid of my own Bush-loving government in Australia.

I mean, what more is there for a non-US blogger like me to say about Bush? Everything you need to know (and much more) is available somewhere on this blog, or via the links (like TPM, Juan Cole, ICH, Alternet, and antiwar.com).

From my point of view, the case against Bush and his cronies has been closed for some time. Bush is polling in the gutter now, largely thanks to years of scrutiny from blogs like this one (and this one!), plus the blatantly obvious failures of his own policies. Bringing such public attention to Bush's criminally immoral administration was my original intention when I started this blog: now it's up to the people of the USA to deliver the coup de grace.

Bush doesn't give a shit about his low poll numbers. He and his Big Money friends are doing just fine, thank you very much. It's now up to the people of the USA to do something! Get off you ass, get active, and make sure the NEXT administration (and the NEXT, and the NEXT...) is not just as bad as this one.

If you are looking for a place to start, I suggest y'all take a good long look at this link. Explains a lot, doesn't it? Now what are you going to DO about it?

Come on! Bush is the symptom of a very sick society: you guys have a lot of work to do!

The USA remains (for now) the world's only superpower. The collective failure of the US people to act against the criminal Bush administration has had an extremely negative ripple effect around the world. Conversely, if the USA can get its own house in order, and show the world what truth, justice and real Democracy is all about, then perhaps - just perhaps - the inspiring dream that once was "America" might yet live again.
Aside from the friendly mention, I must say I agree with the sentiment -- what are we waiting for? Nice weather?

In November of 2004 I was saying "What more proof do you want? Get out in the streets!" and I was hearing things like "Yeah, but the weather! It's too wet, it's too cold, it's too dreary ... "

What's the problem now? Is it too warm? Too dry? The sun is too bright?